because the night is too young

because the night is too young

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June happenings

Recently, life's been pretty busy with double trainings because I have to guide the recrea team as well as my own training with the competitive team for the ongoing ENL netball competition. Makes me feel like I don't know if I should have given up my role as president.

My dog, Skipper Wee, has started to swim not too long ago. Brought him for a second swim out today with my friend's dog, Sunshine. Do check out his instagram [ig: @skipperweeeee] and if you are a dog lover, do follow and we'll follow back. I really encourage adoption. Mongrels may have the tendency to be a little more aggressive and defensive based on the environment they were born in, but deep within, they are still pups hoping to find a loving home. It's especially sad when the litter has been abandoned by their own mother. Initial stages may cost abit more if you want to correct aggression with trainings, but eventually you'll realise that they are low maintenance eg: no need for elaborate grooming, they are not fussy with food unless you start to spoil them from young.

If you are thinking if it is a good idea to get a mongrel for your first dog, my question to you is why not? Skipper is my first dog btw. Due to our lack of experience, and him being a mongrel, it may not seem like a good match. Yea there might be a few instances where he chooses who he respects, but we still manage to make him understand commands like Sit, Paw, Other Paw, Lie down. It's amazing!

Support adoption people! :D

Lotsa love,
Carmen Sarah

No comments: