because the night is too young

because the night is too young

Thursday, April 5, 2012

True love exists and prevails through all.

Hey all, you must be wondering why I am writing a post so early in the morning. Well, you would probably have guessed it, yes I am bored at work. (Again.) Haha.

So a few minutes ago, I was browsing through Tumblr and I realised I have not read 2 of my good friends' blogs in a long while. Let me give you some background info on these 2 friends of mine. They are currently listed as my favourite couple among all my attached friends and I call them B&J. No they are not Ben & Jerry. They are a heterosexual couple called Bryant and Joey. (HAHA!) I knew B back in J1. That is 3 years ago. He was not in my class but rather ONLY in my Geography lecture. Must be wondering how I knew him right? TBH, I am not too sure either. I think it's because my teammate Sherilyn was in his class and I was a little crazy for one moment so I probably teased him with her. After awhile we got closer and we had a "Bus 198" clique with 2 other friends, Jack and Kaina. We studied together, hung out, went for meals. It was a really odd clique because all 4 of us were not from the same class. Kaina was my secondary school friend, and Jack was Bryant's primary school friend. And apparently we were all part of our sports CCA committee. (All captains but Jack cos he was in the same cca as Bryant. Treasurer though LOL!)

2 years ago on result day, both Bryant and I realised that we both had to repeat a year because we did not do well for our A levels. So we both discussed if we should repeat with each other as well with our parents and thus arrived in back in school (awkwardly) after the March holidays. Really grateful for a friend like him because he knows that I do not make friends easily unless I am having a crazy moment and that I do not exactly have close friends in the class I was going to. Hence, he kinda made Joey say hi to me. So yes it was because of Bryant that I know Joey (even though he had an ulterior motive. Used me to find out about Joey's day. HAHA!!) Joey and I hit it off quite well to the point that some girl in class that she used to be close to got jealous and tried to make a mess of my life in class but I was at a state of ignorance that I could not be bothered with such petty misunderstanding.

But anyway, back on track, so yea the 3 of us would sit together during Geography lecture and when Bryant and I had to do our study time in the library, he'll always ask me about Joey. I kinda catch on with what's going on between them but to play along with their "nothing's-going-on" act, I just continued hanging out with them even though it was a little heartbreaking as R just broke up with me. The class soon caught on with their relationship and always called me a light-bulb, but I was too used to them that it didn't bother me after awhile. And even though I didn't do fantastically well for my A levels this time round, but if it weren't for these 2 people, I don't think I could have even improved at all especially when my Taiwanese drama had a sequel just before the A levels began.

Not only did they pull me through my third year of JC, but they also showed me in ways they would not know that true love still exists even when I sort of gave up on believing that it does. Don't be surprised if I told you that I am actually a girl who believes in fairytale and fantasies of a prince sweeping me off my feet. Yet I was on the brink of giving up on all that I believed because it didn't make sense anymore. But they made me understand why I was so firm on my beliefs before. I can't really explain how they do it because it's more of how I feel when I watch them, look through their photos and read their blogs. Joey had a prince sweep her off her feet and Bryant found his princess with the glass slipper.

To understand how I feel when I am around them and also the inspiration of this post, check out their posts that are related.
Joey's post: http://emotionalerror.tumblr.com/post/18608102007/the-happiest-moment-today
Bryant's post: http://icanrollmytongue.tumblr.com/post/18609655605/joeykoh-the-happiest-moment-today
Joey posted first and Bryant reblogged and add on. Trust me, if you never once believed in fairytale, these 2 can be your first fairytale to believe in.

To B n J:
I know we haven't hung out in a while because we're all very busy (you 2 with dating and work. me with work and club) hahaha. But I just wanna let you know that though the friendship isn't that long, but I am still eternally grateful for having you 2 by my side when I was on the verge of crumbling from the mess I was going through. I know you both tried to keep mum about the relationship so that I won't feel awkward or that I'll start missing R. So thanks a lot for that year in school and as well as for teaching me not to give up on Love in the many ways you both do not know. Keep it going strong (:

Lotsa love,
Carmen Sarah

No comments: