because the night is too young

because the night is too young

Friday, April 20, 2012

To the ladies of Singapore, from an NS girl.

Read a tear-jerking letter on Facebook by a lady named Melissa Sng. She is amongst the minority of ladies who chose to dress in green and the only form of make up is the face camo. After reading her letter, this heart of mine got crushed so bad by regret that I felt ashamed of myself.

The regret I felt most was quarrelling with Raymond during his BMT period. It led to the downfall and eventually the end of the relationship. Yes I know my blog isn't usually for personal post, but I think people, especially young girls whose boyfriends are gonna enlist, should understand all these and not do such petty foolish things that I did.

I'm gonna quote the particular paragraph that had tugged at my heartstrings below:
And as you miss him, know that he is thinking of you every moment he can, as he does his monotonous physical exercises by each whistle blow, as he digs his shellscrape and the heat rash stings his entire body, as he listens to you say on the phone, “I wish you weren’t there. I don’t think I can do this for much longer”. Because, out of everything they have to endure, the only time I’ve seen them cry is when they think and talk about you.
The boys are missing you, way more than you miss them. You can hug your bolster to sleep in the air-con while they defend themselves from the mozzies. I really regret to not realize this sooner, to not feel the pinch a year ago. Girls, before it's too late, stop your petty tempers. They miss you so much, they don't want to quarrel with you and deal with your whines. Don't blame them if they fall asleep on you. They tried their best to stay awake just to hear your voice. It's the only lullaby they have.

Check out the letter: http://www.facebook.com/notes/melissa-sng/to-the-ladies-of-singapore-from-an-ns-girl/10150704993829482

to R:
it's been a year since the relationship has ended and throughout that whole year I still blamed you for leaving me, I still blamed you for being insensitive. Only after I read this letter do I feel the entire pang of regret that I should've felt a long time ago. But I know there's nothing else I can do now because it has ended. The story ended and a new story can't be written without inspiration. I've said it alot of times before, but no matter how much I say, I will always feel it's never enough, therefore again, I am really really sorry. I miss us so bad but I can't clap with just 1 hand.
 
Lotsa love,
Carmen Sarah